If you have received a decision from the Residential Tenancy Branch (RTB), you have several options. The most straight-forward option is simply to abide by the decision. However, as you are here looking at this guide, you may not want to. You may feel that there is a problem with the decision. In that case, you have a few options:
- Abide by the decision. For example, if you are a tenant and the RTB has issued your landlord an order of possession, then you can leave your rental unit according to the terms on the order of possession.
- Request a correction or clarification from the RTB.
- Apply for review consideration from the RTB.
- Complain to the provincial Ombudsperson.
- Begin a judicial review in BC Supreme Court.