Community Legal Assistance Society - BC Judicial Review Self-Help Guide

How to Serve the Attorney General

You can serve the Attorney General in either of the following ways:

  • In-person: take a copy of your stamped petition and affidavit into the Ministry of the Attorney General’s office in Victoria during office hours, and leave it with a lawyer there. Make sure you write down the date, time, and the name of the lawyer when you go to the Legal Services Branch of the Ministry of Justice, 3rd Floor – 1001 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC.
  • By registered mail: Send copies of your stamped petition and affidavit by registered mail to the Deputy Attorney General in Victoria. If you are using this method, keep your receipts and tracking number. The Attorney General’s Victoria address is:

Deputy Attorney General
Ministry of Attorney General
PO Box 9290 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9J7

You should include a cover letter with the documents that you are serving.

This is a blank service letter that you can download and fill in: Blank Service Letter

This is an example service letter that you can use as a guide: Example Service Letter